Hey everyone!! You know what time it is… school’s over and it’s holiday time. March is over, so let’s get on with the Wrap Up!!
I had a relatively good month for reading in March, although not all of them were good. In total, there were seven books, one of which was below the 3-star mark. But it wasn’t all bad, because seven books is pretty good for four weeks!! And I bought a few as well. The books read in March include:
- Day of the Triffids [3.5 / 5]
- The Girl on the Train [2 / 5]
- The Martian [4 / 5]
- The Da Vinci Code [3 / 5]
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Through the Looking Glass
Quite a selection of genres, including early sci-fi, realism, classic, and adventure. I’ve got to say; I didn’t enjoy Dracula as much as I thought I would. It went on for too long, and I just got very bored of it. And I also realised this month that I hadn’t read the original Alice in Wonderland. I thought that I most definitely had, but it turns out that was the book written after the movie. And boy, is there a difference! I won’t go into too much detail before the review, and I’ve got nothing against Disney movies, but they either missed a lot of details, or got a lot of things wrong, because the movie is barely the same story.
Okay, time for the haul. Don’t you just love market book stalls? Especially when books are $3.00-$5.00 each!! The haul was nothing special, but it felt so nice to buy a few from the local market. And I even found books I was looking for. All up it was 3 books, and 3 pop-vinyls, including:
- The Martian – Andy Weir
- Renegade’s Magic – Robin Hobb
- The Golden Fool – Robin Hobb
- Jareth figure
- Miss Peregrine figure
- Severus Snape figure
And last part of the wrap-up, the releases. Over the last few years, I’ve been trying to read different types of books, and as a result, have fallen a bit behind in the more popular young adult books. This isn’t a bad thing, but it’s possible I could miss some of the releases for the month, because I might not recognise the series. I’ll try my best though, to list the big ones coming out. Here are April’s:
- Legion – Julie Kagawa (Talon #4)
- I really enjoy Kagawa’s books, including the Iron Fey, and her Immortal Rules series, but what annoys me is her tendency to take forever to release the next book in a series!! So, finally, here is number 4 in her Talon series. If you like young adult, mixed with fantasy and dragons, you’ll like this one.
- Spindle Fire – Lexa Hillyer
- This book is going to be a new retelling of Cinderalla, and it sounds really, really interesting. It’s also got some very high reviews on Goodreads, so should be a pretty good read… (see what I did there…?)
- Red Sister – Mark Lawrence
- I’ve only just heard about this one, so can’t really tell you much about it. It’s another fantasy, young adult, first-book-in-the-series, which also has some very good reviews on Goodreads.
- Defy the Stars – Claudia Gray
- This one’s like a science fiction, fantasy mixture that’s set in space, in the future, but sounds like it has some pretty cool ideas in it. I might read this once it’s out…
And there we go; all done for March. Gee this year is moving quickly. It’s already holidays for me, and it feels like I only just started. Don’t forget to go check out my Instagram page if you would like a new account to follow. I’m starting a new theme for April, which should be interesting. Have a good day, and until next time everyone!